Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Quitting The Biz

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    After my self-imposed hiatus which has lasted around eight months, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna give up film-making altogether.

    I haven't written anything new for about a year, and although I've tried writing a couple of different things these past few months, I just can't get excited enough about any of them to see them through to completion.

    And even if I did finish a new screenplay, I'd then have the usual uphill struggle paved with frustration, disappointment and apathy to get it filmed.

    It's just too hard these days, and I don't have the drive for it anymore.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member richardmorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2004
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    What's THAT supposed to mean?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member = KA$H ='s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Judging by the name of the smiley it means "hmmm"

    [img]wink.gif[/img]

    NB: That's a wink Phil [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think that it's me he's angry with...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member richardmorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2004
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Alwight hard nut, just name a place son. U just name a place.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member = KA$H ='s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Not sure whether how serious you are this time round. Didn't STF "close down" not long ago?

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Not exactly.

    We shut down operations and went on an extended hiatus, while I decided whether or not I wanted to continue making films.

    The only way I would reconsider is if:

    1. I wrote/found a project I was passionate enough about

    2. The project was produced, or at least co-produced by a third party

    3. The end result had an excellent chance of being screened and/or sold to a large audience.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alwight hard nut, just name a place son. U just name a place.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bloody hell... How about the OK Corral, high noon- pistols or hand to hand combat? You haven't responded to my reply... I know you've read it... did I hit the nail on the head or something?

    Sorry to Phil about this person pissing about in your forum, I do want to add something to this topic: Why not try to find a writer or another production team and see how that goes. Look at other ideas and see if you can find a gem just waiting to be made. This is obviously a passion of yours, I can't see how you could drop it like that, the bug doesn't just go away, trust me.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member richardmorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2004
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Kev O.:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Alwight hard nut, just name a place son. U just name a place.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bloody hell... How about the OK Corral, high noon- pistols or hand to hand combat? You haven't responded to my reply... I know you've read it... did I hit the nail on the head or something?

    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Look mate why dont you actully put your energies into discussing movies rather than taking shots at me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •